Al-Qasimi PhD Studentships in Arab and Islamic Studies
The Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies is seeking applications for up to three PhD studentships for excellent doctoral students (international and UK/EU) whose area of specialisation fits and complements the research interests of our academics.
About the university
The Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies (IAIS) at Exeter is the leading centre of excellence for research in Middle East, Arab and Islamic Studies in the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1999 to consolidate existing strengths in the study of the Greater Middle East, the Muslim-majority world, and Islam.
University : University of Exeter
Department: Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies
Course Level: PhD
Place of study: the United Kingdom
Application Deadline: April 1, 2020
You should have or expect to achieve at least a 2:1 Honours degree, or International equivalent, in any relevant humanities or social sciences subject area and will ideally hold or currently be working towards a Masters degree at Merit level, or international equivalent, in a relevant humanities or social science subject.
Applicants must not already be enrolled on a PhD programme.
If English is not your first language you will need to meet the English language requirements and provide proof of proficiency. Click here for more information and a list of acceptable alternative tests.
Residency Entry Requirements:
UK/EU and international:
This studentship, including full tuition fees and maintenance allowance, is available to UK/EU and international candidates.
Applicants with refugee status are especially welcome to apply.
You will be asked to submit some personal details and upload:
• A detailed CV
• A covering letter outlining your academic interests, any prior research experience and reasons for wishing to do a PhD in the context of the research interests of the Institute.
• A research proposal (maximum 2,000 words, excluding bibliography). Please note that you are expected to illustrate your knowledge and understanding of the issues and/or the research process and explain why you are suitable, given your skills and disciplinary background, to achieve this research project within three years.
• One research paper of your choice (e.g. your BA or MA dissertation, a seminar paper) that demonstrates your methodological skills – please upload in the research proposal section in one document together with your research proposal (it is not possible to upload separate documents).
• Transcript of your highest qualification to date or an interim transcript if you are still studying.
• Details of two academic referees.
• And, if relevant, proof of your English language proficiency, by 1st April 2020. You will also be asked to upload verified transcripts of your most academic qualification.
All application documents must be submitted in English. Certified translated copies of academic qualifications must also be provided.
You must ensure that your referees email their references to [email protected] by 1st April 2020.
if you are already interested in this scholarship you can read more deatais from the link below: