Commonwealth Scholarship At National University of Singapore 2020
The Commonwealth Scholarship (“Scholarship”) is awarded to outstanding graduate students from Commonwealth countries for research leading to a higher degree at the University. This Scholarship is for new, incoming students who are not Singapore citizens or permanent residents. The Scholarship consists of a monthly stipend plus a tuition fee subsidy. A number of students are selected each semester by the University for the award.
- Host University: National University of Singapore
- Course Level: Master & PhD program
- Target Students : International
- Place of Study: Singapore
- Application Deadline: July 1, 2020
The Scholarship is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- nationals from any Commonwealth countries except for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents;
- have graduated with an undergraduate degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division)/Honours (Distinction) or equivalent;
- at the time of award of the Scholarship, must have been offered admission to a full-time graduate research programme at NUS; and
- must be eligible for MOE Subsidy1
1Please click here for Eligibility Guidelines for MOE Subsidy
Incoming graduate students should indicate their interest in the Scholarship in their application for admission.
- A monthly stipend as follows:
- Tuition fees at the University.
- Scholars in a PhD programme may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month upon passing the PhD Qualifying Examination (QE), which is normally held 12 to 18 months after registration of candidature. The additional stipend is renewable each semester subject to Scholar’s good performance. The quantum and duration of the additional stipend may vary between Faculties and Schools.
you can read more about this scholarship from the link below: