Flinders University scholarship
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) (International) are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University.
The duration of the Research Doctorate degree is up to 3 years and the Research Masters degree is up to 2 years.
About The Flinders University
Flinders University is a public university in Adelaide, South Australia. Founded in 1966, it was named in honor of British navigator Matthew Flinders, who explored and surveyed the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century. It’s a great chance for international students to study one of the top universities in Australia.
FLINDERS UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS
UNIVERSITY :Flinders University
COURSE LEVEL :Master’s Degree /Doctoral Degree
Opening Date: 16-03-2020 Closing Date: 07-08-2020
The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time Higher Degree by research.
The AGRTPS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a Higher Degree by research.
The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend paid at the rate of $28,092 (2020 rate),which is tax exempt and indexed annually, and Overseas Health Care cover.
An AGRTPS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for Flinders University
- Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed a degree at least the equivalent/comparable to an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
to apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a higher degree by research (PhD or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship group, which will produce an application for both the AGRTPS and FIPRS via the Student info system. You can apply for admission at any time but before the closing date.
If you already have a current offer for admission to a Higher Degree by Research, you no not need to apply for admission again.
You will need to have an active Flinders Authentication Name (FAN) to complete this process.
If you have never studied at, or made an application to Flinders University, you can register and submit your application for admission to a higher degree by research using the application porta
Note: All applicants are required to read the application guidelines provided below before submitting an application.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
you can read more about the scholarship from the link below: