La Trobe University funding for Domestic & International Students in Australia
La Trobe University is delighted to announce the Destination Australia Research funding for students form around the world to study PhD degree for the academic year 2020/21.
The Destination Australia scheme seeks to attract and support new domestic or international students to have a high quality learning experience in regional Australia. This scholarship also offers students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to experience regional Australia.
About The University
La Trobe has been one of Australia’s pioneering universities for more than 50 years. Discover our unique history, including our motto and coat of arms.
In 1967, 552 students enrolled at La Trobe University, the third university to open in Victoria, which has grown to accommodate more than 36,000 students, with over 7,000 international students from 110 countries.
University: La Trobe University
Course Level: PhD Research
Nationality: the nationalities from around the world
Place Of Study Australia
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
1- have a Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last ten years assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above; or
2-have an Honours degree, Masters by coursework or ungraded Masters by research degree completed within the last ten years where you achieved a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects; AND any of the following assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above:
- a research thesis of approximately 15,000-20,000 words; or
- the degree includes a written research component comprising at least 3/8 of one year; or
- you are the lead author of a peer-reviewed publication or other research published within the last ten years.
The university will provide the award amount of $15000 per annum for up to four years.
- review details on how to apply for candidature
- to identify a potential supervisor, submit an enquiry using our online enquiry system, indicating that you wish to be considered for the Destination Australia Scholarship. We will direct this to the appropriate La Trobe staff member
- when you have received in-principle agreement for supervision, complete and submit your application to the La Trobe Graduate Research School ([email protected]) by 31 January for admission into a graduate research degree, indicating you wish to be considered for the Destination Australia Scholarship.
Applicants may also include a 500-word personal statement demonstrating a compelling need for the scholarship.
Note you should meet the minimum English language requirement for entry.
If you are already interested in this scholarship, you can now read more about it form the link below