Ontario Trillium Scholarship at University of Waterloo
The Ontario Trillium Foundation is inviting brilliant students from around the world to apply for a PhD scholarship to study at the University of Waterloo in Canada. This scholarship is open to students from around the world who are doctoral students who hold a valid Canadian study permit and are registered full-time in a degree-granting program in any Faculty.
About The University
The University of Waterloo offers academic programs administered by six faculties and ten faculty-based schools. It is most famous for its cooperative education (co-op) programs. It also operates the largest post-secondary co-operative education program in the world.
The Ontario Trillium Scholarship Details
- Host University: University of Waterloo
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree
- Nationality: International Students
- Place Of Study :Canada
- Application Deadline: February 1.
Eligibility For The Scholarship
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicant meet the following criteria must:
- Academic merit is the defining criterion for the selection of the OTS recipients.
- Recipients must be new/incoming doctoral students who are applying for admission for upcoming spring, fall or winter terms.
- Holders must be international students who hold a valid Canadian study permit and who do not qualify for an exemption to the higher international tuition and fees; should an OTS recipient obtain permanent residency status after the beginning of the first term of study, s/he will continue to be eligible for the OTS for the balance of his/her renewable OTS for a total of four years.
- Holders must be intending to pursue full-time graduate studies at the doctoral level in a degree-granting program.
- Candidates must have achieved a first-class average (A-/80% Ontario equivalent) in each of the two years of full-time study prior to being awarded the OTS.
- Applicants must not be currently studying at an Ontario post-secondary institution at the undergraduate or graduate level.
The Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS) will be awarded valued at $40,000 per student. The $40,000 support will be comprised of $26,666 paid by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development and $13,333 paid by the university as scholarship, TA/RA, or combination thereof
How to Apply
Applicants need to take admission to the university and apply for admission to a doctoral program before the deadline. After taking admission applicants are automatically considered for this study scholarship .
If you are really interested in this scholarship m you can read more about the scholarship from the following link