Slovak Republic Scholarship 2022
Slovak Republic Scholarship 2022:
The Government of the Slovak Republic approved the establishment of the National Slovak Republic Scholarship for the support of mobility of students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists in 2005. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP) is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
The Slovak Republic Scholarship supports study/research/teaching/artistic mobility of international students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists at higher education institutions and research organizations. It supports two-way mobility – international scholarship holders to Slovakia, as well as Slovak scholarship holders abroad. The programme offers scholarships to cover living costs during the stay and travel allowances (all categories in case of scholarship holders from Slovakia; students and PhD students in case of international scholarship holders).
English language certificate is not required.
Slovak Republic Scholarship 2022| Details:
Place of study: Slovakia.
Scholarship name: The National Scholarship Program of the Slovak Republic (NSP).
Funding agency: the government of Slovakia.
Level of study: Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD, as well as university professors and artists.
Funding: fully funded.
Eligible Nationalities: All Nationalities.
Available Majors: The scholarship is open to all majors.
You can read all the details about the scholarship by clicking here.
Slovak Republic Scholarship 2022| Funding:
Slovak Republic scholarships covering living costs for:
- students studying at universities in Slovakia in order to undertake a study stay (1 — 2 semesters or 1 — 3 trimesters) outside Slovakia during their master‘s studies, or a research/artistic stay (3 — 6 months) closely related to the completion of applicant‘s master thesis;
- PhD students studying at universities (including external education institutions, e.g. Slovak Academy of Sciences) in Slovakia in order to undertake a study and/or research/artistic stay (1 — 10 months) outside Slovakia during their PhD studies.
postdoctoral researchers working at universities and research organizations in Slovakia in order to undertake a research stay (3 — 6 months) outside Slovakia. The amount of the scholarship is set for every country separately. The scholarship shall cover average living costs in the respective country during the stay. When setting the amount of the scholarship, only living costs are taken into consideration; it does not cover other costs, e.g. tuition fee.
The amount of the travel grant depends on the distance (in a direct line) between applicant’s place of residence in Slovakia and the place of his/her stay abroad:
- distance up to 350 km – 0 €,
- distance more than 350 km, max. 2,000 km – 250 €,
- distance more than 2,000 km, max. 7,000 km – 500 €,
- distance more than 7,000 km – 1 000 €.
Slovak Republic Scholarship 2022|Elgibility criteria:
Eligible applicants for Slovak Republic Scholarship in the framework of the NSP:
A) students who:
- are university students at universities outside Slovakia.
- are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study programme.
- will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility to study in Slovakia.
All 3 conditions must be met. This category does not apply to doctoral (PhD) studies (or their equivalent).
- Duration of a Slovak Republic Scholarship stay (students): 1 – 2 full semesters (i.e. 4 – 5 or 9 – 10 months) or full 1 – 3 trimesters, in case the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 – 4 or 6 – 7 or 9 – 10 months).
B) PhD students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility1 to study/conduct research/artistic stay in Slovakia.
- Duration of a Slovak Republic Scholarship stay (PhD students): 1 – 10 months.
C) international university teachers, researchers and artists who are invited to a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development, which is not a business company and it has its seat in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (university teachers, researchers or artists): 1 – 10 months.
Citizens of any country in the world (except the citizens of Slovakia) can apply for a scholarship stay in Slovakia in the framework of the NSP.
The National Scholarship Programme does not support:
- international students and PhD students accepted for full degree higher education (bachelor, master, doctoral studies) in Slovakia, or those already studying in Slovakia (full degree higher education) who would like to fund their studies in Slovakia by the NSP.
- university teachers, researchers and artists without PhD degree (or its equivalent) and at the same time with more than 4 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist (PhD studies are considered as work experience) on the indicated application deadline; however, the scholarship programme administrator may, after consulting the selection committee in individual cases worth special consideration (especially considering situations caused by force majeure), accept as eligible applicants also candidates without PhD degree (or its equivalent) and at the same time with more than 4 years of work experience but not more than 7 years of work experience, however such applicants may be awarded a scholarship only in the amount corresponding to applicants without PhD degree (or its equivalent) and with less than 4 years of experience.
- international applicants who within the period of 36 months prior to the application deadline have spent in the territory of the Slovak Republic 15 or more months (in total).
- international applicants who are receiving a scholarship in Slovakia in the framework of other scholarship programs funded from public resources (e.g. International Vise grad Fund, Erasmus+, CEEPUS, bilateral agreements, etc.).
Required documents that must be attached to online application for Slovak Republic scholarship:
- Motivation letter.
- Detailed study programme (it is necessary to state the date of the beginning of the stay, duration of the stay, list of subjects that the applicant would like to study during his/her stay and number of credits that the applicant will gain for the respective subjects).
- two recommendation letters issued by applicant’s university teachers (the document must contain signature, position and contact details of the person who issued the document; if it is not possible to issue a recommendation on the letterhead paper of the respective institution, the document has to contain a clear identification of the institution, which the person who issued the recommendation letter is affiliated with [generally the name of the institution, address, website link]); recommendation letters cannot be older than 3 months on the day of the application deadline.
- confirmation issued by the applicant’s home university confirming that the applicant is a regular student of the respective university at the time of applying – the confirmation must contain information on the expected date of the completion of applicant’s studies.
- scan of applicant’s bachelor’s or master’s diploma, diploma supplement and state examination certificate (if applicable).
- admission/invitation letter issued by applicant’s host university in Slovakia indicating the period of stay.
- In this document, the university commits itself to accept the applicant for a study stay. Admission/invitation letter is an official document usually on the letterhead paper of the respective university, signed by the person who has issued the document, and containing position and contact details of that person; if it is not possible to issue the document on an institution’s letterhead paper, it has to contain a clear identification of the institution, which the person who issued the document is affiliated with (i.e. generally the name of the institution, address, website link). Admission letter should be issued for the same period as the period stated by the applicant in his/her online application and it cannot be older than 3 months on the day of the application deadline.
Slovak Republic Scholarship 2022| How to apply:
Follow these steps to apply for the Slovak Republic Scholarship:
- First Step: Create a new account on the official website. You can access the electronic registration portal by clicking here.
- Second Step: Fill out the scholarship application data.
- Third step: Attach the documents required with the application file.
- Fourth Step: Submit the application.
It is really a great and useful piece of info. I’m happy that you simply shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
I like this post, enjoyed this one regards for posting.
You have remarked very interesting details! ps decent internet site. “What a grand thing, to be loved What a grander thing still, to love” by Victor Hugo.