The Hilary Jolly Memorial Scholarship at University of Waikato
The Hilary Jolly Memorial Scholarship was established in 1978 under the provisions of the will of the
late Dr Violet Hilary Jolly (MSc, PhD) with funds held in trust by the University of Waikato Foundation.
The Hilary Jolly Memorial Scholarship provides funding to assist University of Waikato students furthering their research in the field of Freshwater Ecology pertaining to New Zealand.
- University: University of Waikato
- Course Level: Postgraduate (Taught), Postgraduate (Research)
- Department : field of freshwater ecology
- Nationality: International Students from all over the world
- Place of study : New Zealand
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2020
- Be enrolled or enrolling full time in an MSc(Research) or an MSc at the University of Waikato
- Be undertaking research in the field of freshwater ecology in New Zealand.
- The Scholarship is open to New Zealand Citizens, Permanent Residents and international students.
- The closing date for applications is 15 May each year.
Along with the prescribed application form, each applicant must submit:
a) a brief outline (300-400 words) of the proposed research topic;
b) a personal statement (using the template) that provides:
• details of any promotion or past research activities, such as seminars or
• any publications (if applicable);
• future study/career plans
• a summary of any past or present work/employment history other than casual
or part-time positions; and
• a summary of any special circumstance considered relevant to the
c) A brief CV (no more than four A4 pages)
3.3. Applicants must request the submission of two academic references, with one being from
the proposed supervisor of the research project.
The value of the Scholarship will be up to $10,000 and will have a tenure of 1 year;
The Scholarship will be paid in two equal instalments, the first upon confirmed enrolment in the approved programme of study , and the second approximately six months later (conditional on satisfactory academic performance).