The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
The University of Leiden is pleased to invites students from all over the world to apply for the Leiden University Scholarship for Excellence to study for a master’s degree in the Netherlands.
About The University
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS) is open to outstanding Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a full-time master’s degree programme at Leiden University.
Host Institution : Leiden
Level of study: Master Degree
Number of Awards: The number and type of award of the scholarship depends on the budget available for each Faculty department.
Target group: Non-EU/EEA international students
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards:
€ 10.000 of the tuition fee
€ 15.000 of the tuition fee
Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
Students must have achieved excellent study results in their previous education, this being relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying. As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note: proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness.
Applicants must have a non EEA* passport and may not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (Studiefinanciering).
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s programme at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a PDF file of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
if you are already interested in this scholarship , you can now read more from the link below: