Summer internship at the University of Tokyo in Japan (fully funded)
The University of Tokyo invites undergraduate students from around the world to apply for the U Tokyo Amgen Scholars program in Japan in 2020.
The duration of this summer internship at the University of Tokyo in Japan is two months and it will be fully funded.
About the Summer internship
The fully-funded internship for international students 2020 will be held in UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2020 from 9 June 2020 – 3 August 2020, after that the students will move to Singapore.
The Amgen Scholars Program provides hundreds of students each year with the opportunity to undertake scientific research projects at many of the world’s leading institutions. Students from all over the world can apply for the Japan internship program 2020.
Details of Tokyo University Summer internship
Host country: Japan
Host University: University of Tokyo
Duration of internship: 2 months
Schedule of Tokyo University Training Program
Students will be in Tokyo 9 June 2020 – 3 August 2020
then they will move to Singapore 4/5 August 2020
Available subjects during the training: natural sciences, engineering, industrial sciences, medical and pharmaceutical sciences, agricultural sciences.
U Tokyo Amgen Scholars Program applicants must be undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent); and
- At the minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and
- Are not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program applicants must also:
- Have a strong record of academic performance; and
- Have good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score of 1095, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not your first language, and
- Have an interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
- ROOM: Near-campus accommodation
- STIPEND: 250,000 JPY (The stipend should be used freely to budget for food and any personal trips during your stay in Japan and so on)
- TRAVEL COSTS
Application deadline for UTokyo Amgen Scholars program in Japan is 3 February 2020, applicants will be notified of the results of applications in the mid of March 2020.
If you are already interested in this scholarship, you can now read the official announcement and learn more about the terms and required documents from here