Helmut Veith Stipend for international students to study master degree at VCLA
The Technical University in Vienna invites students from different countries of the world to apply for a scholarship to study for a master’s degree in the (VCLA) Vienna Center for Logic and Algorithms, and this scholarship is open to all students who wish to study in Austria and hold distinguished academic qualifications.
About VCLA Scholarship
The Helmut Veith Stipend is awarded annually to motivated female students in the field of computer science who pursue (or plan to pursue) one of the master’s programs in Computer Science at TU Wien taught in English.
Host University : Vienna Center for Logic and Algorithms of TU Wien
Course Level: Undergraduate and master thesis
Award: Up to 1200 EUR
Place of Study Austria
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
Eligibility For VCLA
pplicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English. In 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 those are:
• Master in Logic and Computation
• Master in Business Informatics
• European Master in Computational Logic
• Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
• Master in Data Science
• Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing
2. While applications for funding can be filed before or in parallel with the admissions process, the funding will only be awarded to applicants who have been unconditionally admitted to the master’s program. An application for funding does not replace the admissions process; neither does a conditional offer of funding entitle the applicant to study at TU Wien.
Female students who meet the following conditions are eligible to apply for the stipend:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one of) Helmut Veith’s areas of research:
- Logic in Computer Science
- Formal Methods and Verification
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
- Complexity Theory
- Computer Security
- Proficiency in English
Students are required to submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter, describing the type of funding the student is applying for, and all other aspects the student deems relevant for the application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter, describing the reasons why the student wants to study in the program Logic and Computation, why funding is necessary, and with which groups of the faculty the student would be interested to work with during their master’s thesis and why.
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts)
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher). If the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-awarding university must be provided.
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
- Copy of passport
Your application must be submitted electronically to [email protected] with a subject “Application” as a single PDF document. The name of the PDF file needs to be “document.pdf”
Students who are awarded the Helmut Veith Stipend, receive:
EUR 6000 annually for a duration of up to two years.
Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
if you are already interested in this scholarship you can read more from the link below :